The field of contenders looking to build casinos in upstate NY is coming into sharper focus with the deadline passing for would-be developers to submit their $1 million application fee to the state.
The pitches include both local business owners along with some of the world's largest casino operators. Backers of "E-23" in Albany, Saratoga Casino and Raceway – eyeing a new location in East Greenbush – and Howe Caverns, have submitted the fee.
This is the list:
1. Caesars Entertainment
2. Capital Region Gaming, LLC
3. Concord Kiamesha LLC and Mohegan Gaming New York LLC by DelBello Donnellan Weingarten Wise & Wiederkehr LLP
4. CRCR Enterprises, LLC by The Cordish Companies
5. Empire Resorts
6. Florida Acquisition Corp by Clairvest
7. Greenetrack , Inc.
8. Grossinger Development Corporation
9. Howe Caves Development LLC
10. Hudson Valley Gaming, LLC
11. Nevele-R, LLC by Nevele Resort, Casino & Spa
12. NYS Funding, LLC by Och-Ziff Real Estate
13. OCCR Enterprises, LLC by The Cordish Companies
14. PNK Development 33, LLC by Pinnacle Entertainment
15. Rolling Hills Entertainment LLC by Baker Botts LLP
16. RW Orange County LLC by Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
17. Saratoga Harness Racing Inc. (I)
18. Saratoga Harness Racing Inc. (II)
19. Tioga Downs Racetrack LLC
20. Trading Cove New York, LLC
21. Traditions Resort & Casino
22. Wilmot Casino & Resort by Wilmorite, Inc.