Tomorrow is the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Albany, in case you weren't aware of that. So this means that there will be thousands of people in Albany to enjoy the festivities. You know, drink green beer, eat some corned beef and cabbage and watch the parade.
This also means that getting around Albany might be a little tricky during the day. There's the whole parade route that will mean road closures. There are parking restrictions all over Albany as well.
First the really important stuff.
THE party to be at! We're going to be at Rock's starting at Noon. We'll have corned beef and cabbage. Irish drink specials. Music! And a chance to win tickets to the Ariana Grande show at the TU Center on Monday night.
Now for the rest of the stuff
Starting at 11am - Central Ave, between Manning and Quail will be closed
Also at 11 - The parade and 5K route will be closed.
Keep in mind that all streets that are on the parade route will be closed as they get ready for the 5K and parade to start. Eagle St, plus North and South Pearl from Pine St and Hudson Ave.
The parade starts on Quail and Central. It will head east onto Washington. They take a turn at City Hall and head down State St to Pearl St.
- Central Avenue, both sides from Ontario Street to Lake Avenue
- Quail Street, east side from Central Avenue to Sherman Street
- Washington Avenue, south side from Dove Street to South Swan Street
- Eagle Street, east side from Corning Place to Pine Street
- State Street, both sides from Lark Street east 3 spaces on each side
- State Street, south side from S. Swan Street east to Plaza Road east of LOB
- State Street, north side from Eagle Street to Pearl Street
- State Street, both sides from Pearl Street to Broadway
- South Swan Street, east side from Madison Avenue to Washington Avenue
- Broadway, both sides from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue
- Liberty Street, both sides from Hudson Avenue to Division Street (6:00am-8:00pm)