No, it's not an e.coli outbreak this time, it's due to an 'algae bloom', which actually sounds like a beautiful flower - but it isn't. The algae bloom was first reported last Friday as a blue/green substance was seen forming in the area of the beach. The swimming area is closed and will remain shut down until tests show there is no longer a safety risk to the public.
An algae bloom can cause liver damage to humans and it's not a good idea for your pets to play around in it either.
Earlier this month Brown's Beach on Saratoga Lake was shut down for a few days due to high levels of e.coli.
photo: Google Street View